Volunteer Guidelines can be found in the Muskingum County 4-H Owner's Manual.
Ohio 4-H Resources
- The Ohio 4-H Volunteer Handbook provides information related to club and risk management, working with youth and much more! Much of this information is covered in new volunteer orientation.
- Grab & Go Club Meeting Toolkit provides 4-H volunteers and teen leaders with seven (7) club meeting agendas to help plan for the 4-H year. Each agenda highlights how to adapt in-person 4-H activities to a virtual setting and strategies for including Cloverbuds in developmentally appropriate, non-competitive club activities.
- The Ohio 4-H Club Leaders page provides a variety of club management resources.
National 4-H sells 4-H club supplies, apparel and accessories on the Shop 4-H website. Sign up for their e-mails to receive information on special offers!
Cloverbud Volunteer Resources
4-H Cloverbud Kits
Are you looking for a fun activity to do at your next club meeting? Cloverbud Kits are available for check out from the Extension Office. Each kit contains several activities and a curriculum notebook.
- Our Country
- The Science of Sound
- Food Fun
- Sports Fun
- Fitness is Fun
- Weather Fun
Curriculum & Resources
Our office also provides every club with a copy of each of the following pieces of the Ohio 4-H Cloverbud Curriculum. If your club has misplaced them or would like to purchase another, please contact our office.
- The Big Book of 4-H Cloverbud Activities
- Clover Cubes
- Choose and Tell Cards
Clubs may choose to purchase My 4-H Cloverbud Year for their members. This fun book is a great way for Cloverbuds to learn the basics of 4-H and keep track of their activities and events.
More resources from the State 4-H Cloverbud Design Team:
- Subscribe to the Cloverbud Connections Blog to receive regular activity ideas. Be sure to check out the past issues page for activity ideas!
- Consider the Click It, Print It, Do It! acvities for a future club meeting. https://ohio4h.org/volunteers/cloverbud-leaders/click-it-print-it-do-it-...
Gallia County has a Cloverbud Investigators STEM Curriculum on their website.
Volunteer Background Checks
Volunteers who are required to complete a background check to continue volunteer service in 2022 will be sent an e-mail from our office in January. The Volunteer Fingerprint Background Procedure provides all necessary information to complete the background check requirement and enables volunteers to request reimbursement for their background check from The Ohio State University. Background check results must be sent to OSU Human Resources in Columbus, not our office.
Mandatory Volunteer Training - Deadline MARCH 1
Volunteers returning from 2021 must complete Mandatory Volunteer Training between February 1 and March 1. More details will be sent in mid-late January. There will be two options for completing:
- Complete In-Person Training Session on February 21, 6-8 p.m. at the Extension Office. Only one session will be offered. This training will require pre-registration and will be first-come, first-serve.