Volunteer Guidelines can be found in the Muskingum County 4-H Owner's Manual.
Ohio 4-H Resources
- The Ohio 4-H Volunteer Handbook provides information related to club and risk management, working with youth and much more! Much of this information is covered in new volunteer orientation.
- Grab & Go Club Meeting Toolkit provides 4-H volunteers and teen leaders with seven (7) club meeting agendas to help plan for the 4-H year. Each agenda highlights how to adapt in-person 4-H activities to a virtual setting and strategies for including Cloverbuds in developmentally appropriate, non-competitive club activities.
- The Ohio 4-H Club Leaders page provides a variety of club management resources.
National 4-H sells 4-H club supplies, apparel and accessories on the Shop 4-H website. Sign up for their e-mails to receive information on special offers!
Cloverbud Volunteer Resources
4-H Cloverbud Kits
Are you looking for a fun activity to do at your next club meeting? Cloverbud Kits are available for check out from the Extension Office. Each kit contains several activities and a curriculum notebook.
- Our Country
- The Science of Sound
- Food Fun
- Sports Fun
- Fitness is Fun
- Weather Fun
Curriculum & Resources
Our office also provides every club with a copy of each of the following pieces of the Ohio 4-H Cloverbud Curriculum. If your club has misplaced them or would like to purchase another, please contact our office.
- The Big Book of 4-H Cloverbud Activities
- Clover Cubes
- Choose and Tell Cards
Clubs may choose to purchase My 4-H Cloverbud Year for their members. This fun book is a great way for Cloverbuds to learn the basics of 4-H and keep track of their activities and events.
More resources from the State 4-H Cloverbud Design Team:
- Subscribe to the Cloverbud Connections Blog to receive regular activity ideas. Be sure to check out the past issues page for activity ideas!
- Consider the Click It, Print It, Do It! acvities for a future club meeting. https://ohio4h.org/volunteers/cloverbud-leaders/click-it-print-it-do-it-...
Volunteer Background Checks
Volunteers who are required to complete a background check by January 31, 2021 to continue volunteer service in 2021 will be sent a letter from our office this fall. The Volunteer Fingerprint Background Procedure provides all necessary information to complete the background check requirement and enables volunteers to request reimbursement for their background check from The Ohio State University. Background check results must be sent to OSU Human Resources in Columbus, not our office.
Have you already had a background check in the last 12 months for another reason? You may request a copy of the background check to be sent directly from OSU from BCI using this form. In order for a previous background check to meet OSU policy, it must be less than a year old and utilize the reason code required of Ohio 4-H Volunteers. Some background checks, including those for CCW permits, cannot be used. Background check results must be sent to the following address, not our office: Background Checks – 4-H MUSKINGUM COUNTY OSU Office of Human Resources 1590 N. High St., Ste. 300 Columbus, Ohio 43201. If you have questions, please contact us for assistance.
Mandatory Volunteer Training - Deadline February 15
- Any 2020 Muskingum County 4-H Volunteer who wishes to remain active in 2021 MUST complete the Mandatory Volunteer Training course by February 15.
- Volunteers will need to self enroll in the course here: go.osu.edu/musktrainingenroll. You will need to enter your Full Name, E-mail Address, Phone Number and Postal Code to enroll in the course. (Company/Organization & Professional Title are not required.)
- You will receive an e-mail to confirm your e-mail address and complete the registration process. You must complete this process by creating a password BEFORE you will be able to access the course. Save your password!
- You will want to begin with the Module 1: 2021 Volunteer Update and review the Course Introduction for details on completing the course.
- The course can be completed on a computer or mobile device.
- The amount of time it will take to complete the course is comparable to the time we would spend together in person, so don't wait until the last minute. I can see how much time you spend in the course. You will be more successful starting the year after completing the course.
- To access the course once you are enrolled, visit: go.osu.edu/muskvolunteertraining and enter your login information.
Let Jamie know if you have questions or need help, this is new for all of us!