Become a 4-H Member
With 50+ clubs in all areas of Muskingum County, our office staff likes to talk with each new family and help them find a club that best suits their needs. We often recommend speaking with a child's friends to find out if they are already involved with a 4-H club in your area.
Youth interested in joining 4-H should contact our office at (740) 454-0144 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The enrollment deadline is April 1.
The following information will help us find a club for you:
- Ages of the youth interested in joining
- School district you live in/children attend school
- Projects youth might be interested in
Youth interested in joining Muskingum County 4-H who live outside of Muskingum County must complete a 4-H Membership Across County Lines Request. It is strongly recommended this form is submitted by March 15, 11:59 p.m. to allow county follow up before the April 1 enrollment deadline. Be sure to review the policy: 4-H Membership Across County Lines Policy. Find the request form online: go.osu.edu/muskacl. Feel free to contact our office if you have questions about whether your request might be granted.
Become a 4-H Volunteer
Adults who desire to volunteer their time, energy and talents to Ohio State University Extension and the Muskingum County 4-H program as a club or committee volunteer must successfully complete the volunteer selection process.
New Volunteer Applications for 2023 will be available December 1. Completed Volunteer Applications MUST be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on January 31, 2023 to begin the selection process in 2023. All steps of the volunteer selection process must be completed by March 1, 2023 to begin volunteer service in 2023.
You will need the following information to complete the New 4-H Volunteer Application:
- Background Check Location and Completion Date - Applicants MUST complete and submit the 4-H Volunteer Criminal History Background Check page, attach their receipt and mail or drop off to the Extension Office so there is a record of the date your background check was completed. We recommend doing this immediately upon completion of your background check. If more than one member of your household is background checked at the same time, please be sure to get a separate receipt for each person. Please slide the form under the door at the office if no staff are available.
- Personal Information, including previous work and volunteer experience
- Headshot photo for your volunteer file
- Name of the Club/Committee you wish to volunteer for.
- If you are starting a new club, you will indicate that on the application.
- If you are volunteering for a club and will not be serving as the organizational volunteer, this volunteer will need to approve your application to volunteer for the club. You will need their name/e-mail address to include on your application. They will receive an e-mail asking them to confirm to the Extension Office that you can volunteer for the club.
- The name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number of five (5) non-family members to serve as references. Individuals should have worked with you on projects and activities and/or have direct experience with or knowledge of your qualifications.
- Times you are available for a Zoom Interview:
- Wednesday, February 1, 3-5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, February 2, 9-10:45 a.m.
- Time you are available to attend an Orientation Session at the Extension Office:
- Thursday, February 16, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 21, 6-8:30 p.m.
Applications are saved so that you can return to a partially completed form to finish it - but you must visit the site from the same computer or mobile device. Responses are only saved if you advance to the next page of the application.