Cloverbuds meet as part of our community clubs and enrolled members can participate in other special events throughout the summer. To find a club, contact the Muskingum County Extension Office at 740-454-0144. The enrollment deadline for Cloverbuds is April 1 to participate in all the program has to offer!
Cloverbud Day Camp
A one day camping activity for Cloverbud Camp conducted by 4-H professionals, volunteers and teen camp counselors. Located in the county, group-oriented activities usually follow a theme.
Old McDonald had a Farm!
Cloverbud Day Camp is scheduled for June 23 at McDonald's Greenhouse & Corn Maze in Zanesville.
2023 Cloverbud Day Camp is sponsored by:
- McDonald's Greenhouse & Corn Maze
- Muskingum County 4-H Committee
- Muskingum County Dairy Promoters
- A first-come, first-serve pre-registration will take place May 22-24 online. Pre-registration opens May 22 at 8 a.m. Deadline to pre-register is May 24 at 11:59 p.m. Once spots are filled, a wait list will be implemented. Pre-register here: go.osu.edu/cloverbudprereg. If you visit the link before May 22 at 8 a.m., you will see this message “Sorry, this has not started.”
- Pre-registered campers will receive full registration details on May 26. Cost per camper is $30.
- June 1 – Camper Registrations & Payment Due. Accepted payment methods will be via credit card or check payable to OSU Extension. If not received by June 1, we will move on to any wait listed campers.
- If a youth pre-registers for camp and is unable to attend, please notify Jamie (email@example.com) ASAP so wait-listed campers have the opportunity to attend camp.
Sessions: Hay Wagon Ride, Pedal Tractors/Barrel Rides, Native Trees, Petting Zoo/Gardening
|9:00-10 a.m.||Curbside Check-In by Group, selected on registration|
|10:15-10:45 a.m.||Session 1|
|10:55-11:25 a.m.||Session 2|
|12:25-12:55 p.m.||Session 3|
|1:05-1:35 p.m.||Session 4|
|1:45-2:10 p.m.||Ice Cream Treat|
|2:15-2:45 p.m.||Play Yard & Corn Maze|
|3:00-4:00 p.m.||Curbside Check-Out by Group, selected on registration|
Cloverbud Night with Junior Leaders
Cloverbuds can bring an item to share with a member of Junior Leaders. This event provides a one-on-one show and tell opportunity for Cloverbuds to practice interview skills. It may include additional activities.
July 17, 2023, 6-8 p.m., Veteran's Building @ Muskingum County Fairgrounds
4-H Fair Activities
Cloverbuds have the opportunity to participate in the Muskingum County Fair in a variety of ways, including group displays in the Junior Fair Building, the Junior Fair Parade, Cloverbud Show and Tell and other activities hosted by the Junior Fair Board. If required, registration is typically due August 1.