Camp counselors work with an Extension professional, adult 4-H volunteers, and the 4-H Camp Ohio staff to conduct a variety of outdoor learning experiences for campers ages 8-13. Counselors work with a partner to supervise a small group of campers in a cabin living environment. Camp counselors attend 20+ hours of meetings and activities from December through June to plan camp activities and learn skills needed to be an effective camp counselor. Camp counselor applicants must be ages 14 to 18. To be eligible to be a counselor, candidates must be a 4-H member in good standing. Complete Camp Counselor Application by November 15, 11:59 p.m. and participate in Counselor Selection Night on January 13, 2022 if applicant has not served as a counselor.
You will need the following information to complete the Junior Fair Board application:
- Personal Information
- Information to help you with essay questions
- Name and E-mail address of two non-family members to serve as a reference (new members only). References Due November 15.
- Headshot photo to attach to application
- Parent/guardian must complete the Health Form
Applications are saved so that you can return to a partially completed form to finish it - but you must visit the site from the same computer or mobile device. Responses are only saved if you advance to the next page of the application.
Camperships (scholarships to assist youth in paying camp fees) are available to Muskingum County 4-H members through donations from local sponsors.
2022 Campership Application
The deadline is April 15 at 4:30 p.m.
Who? Campers are youth ages 8 and in the 3rd grade to age 13 as of January 1 of the current calendar year. Non 4-H members can attend our 4-H camp for an additional fee.
What? Fun, friends, and adventure!
When? June 9-13, 2022
Where? 4-H Camp Ohio in St. Louisville
How much? TBA
Parents show their belief in the value of 4-H camping by sending thousands of young people to Ohio 4-H camps each year. The supportive environment at Ohio 4-H camps provides kids with opportunities to learn how to live, work and play through hands-on activities in the natural world.
Objectives of 4-H Camping
By participating in Ohio 4-H Camps, campers will:
- build self-esteem and self-efficacy;
- connect with meaningful role models in a safe and inclusive environment;
- demonstrate problem-solving ability and establish standards and values that guide decision-making;
- enhance independent living skills;
- develop positive relationships with other young people from different backgrounds;
- cultivate teamwork and leadership capacity;
- explore activities for wise use of leisure time;
- gain a better understanding and appreciation of the world around them through programs focused on outdoor learning; creative expression; science, technology, engineering and math; and leadership and citizenship
Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp
Each summer, Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp is held at the 4-H Camp Ohio Youth Education Center in St. Louisville, Ohio. Our camp is conducted by 4-H professionals employed by Ohio State University Extension in Muskingum County, adult volunteers with backgrounds in education and healthcare, and trained 4-H teen counselors. Our staff works with the 4-H Camp Ohio staff to conduct a variety of learning experiences for campers, including: citizenship, swimming, hiking, campfires, canoe/kayak, outdoor cooking, team challenge, shooting sports, zipline/climbing wall, high ropes, scuba, and much more!
Camp Director Contact Information:
|Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development|