Camperships (scholarships to assist youth in paying camp fees) are available to Muskingum County 4-H members through donations from local sponsors.
2021 Campership Application
The deadline is April 1 at 4:30 p.m.
Who? Campers are youth ages 8 and in the 3rd grade to age 13 as of January 1 of the current calendar year. Non 4-H members can attend our 4-H camp for an additional fee.
What? Fun, friends, and adventure!
When? June 10-12, 2021
Where? 4-H Camp Ohio in St. Louisville
How much? $135
Camper Registration Information
We will operate under a revised schedule that we are still working on, but I can provide time frames for initial planning purposes:
- Wednesday, June 9 - Counselors and Staff Only
- Thursday, June 10 in the morning - Staggered camper drop-off at scheduled times selected during registration
- Saturday, June 12 in the evening after dinner - Staggered camper pick-up at scheduled times selected during registration
- The camp registration process will be online.
- 2021 Junior Camp is limited to 4-H members only.
- Campership applicants are being notified on Friday, April 30 via e-mail. Receiving a scholarship DOES NOT guarantee a child a spot. They must pre-register for a spot.
- A first-come, first-serve pre-registration will take place May 3-7 online. Pre-registration opens May 3 at 8 a.m. Deadline to pre-register is May 7 at 11:59 p.m. Once spots are filled, a wait list will be implemented. Please review How Camp Will Be Different in 2021 before pre-registering your child for camp. Pre-register here: go.osu.edu/campprereg
- Pre-registered campers will receive full registration details the week of May 10. The deadline for registration/payment completion is May 20. Accepted payment methods will be via credit card or check payable to OSU Extension. If not received by May 20, we will move on to any wait listed campers.
Ohio 4-H Camp COVID-19 Acknowledgement Form (must be signed by parent/guardian and submitted for each participate when arriving at camp).
Parents show their belief in the value of 4-H camping by sending thousands of young people to Ohio 4-H camps each year. The supportive environment at Ohio 4-H camps provides kids with opportunities to learn how to live, work and play through hands-on activities in the natural world.
Objectives of 4-H Camping
By participating in Ohio 4-H Camps, campers will:
- build self-esteem and self-efficacy;
- connect with meaningful role models in a safe and inclusive environment;
- demonstrate problem-solving ability and establish standards and values that guide decision-making;
- enhance independent living skills;
- develop positive relationships with other young people from different backgrounds;
- cultivate teamwork and leadership capacity;
- explore activities for wise use of leisure time;
- gain a better understanding and appreciation of the world around them through programs focused on outdoor learning; creative expression; science, technology, engineering and math; and leadership and citizenship
Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp
Each summer, Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp is held at the 4-H Camp Ohio Youth Education Center in St. Louisville, Ohio. Our camp is conducted by 4-H professionals employed by Ohio State University Extension in Muskingum County, adult volunteers with backgrounds in education and healthcare, and trained 4-H teen counselors. Our staff works with the 4-H Camp Ohio staff to conduct a variety of learning experiences for campers, including: citizenship, swimming, hiking, campfires, canoe/kayak, outdoor cooking, team challenge, shooting sports, zipline/climbing wall, high ropes, scuba, and much more!
Camp Director Contact Information:
|Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development|