2021 Camp Team
Check out the 2021 Camp Team Directory for more information on our counselors and staff.
Camperships (scholarships to assist youth in paying camp fees) are available to Muskingum County 4-H members through donations from local sponsors.
The deadline is April 1 at 4:30 p.m.
Who? Campers are youth ages 8 and in the 3rd grade to age 13 as of January 1 of the current calendar year. Non 4-H members can attend our 4-H camp for an additional fee.
What? Fun, friends, and adventure!
When? June 9-13, 2021
Where? 4-H Camp Ohio in St. Louisville
How much? TBD
Camper Registration Packet
Download the Camper Registration Packet.
Registrations will be accepted beginning April 26.
4-H Priority Registration - April 27 - May 2 (only 4-H members can register)
Open Registration - May 3 - May 13 (any youth can register)
Junior Camp Registrations are due to the Extension Office by May 13, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. This is not a postmark deadline.
We strongly encourage you to turn in registrations early because they are processed as they are received. High ropes and lamp all have a maximum number who can register. While we don’t wish to turn anyone away, there is a limit to what 4-H Camp Ohio facilities and our camp team can handle. Any registration received after we reach our maximum will be placed on a wait list and contacted if space becomes available.
Parents show their belief in the value of 4-H camping by sending thousands of young people to Ohio 4-H camps each year. The supportive environment at Ohio 4-H camps provides kids with opportunities to learn how to live, work and play through hands-on activities in the natural world.
Objectives of 4-H Camping
By participating in Ohio 4-H Camps, campers will:
- build self-esteem and self-efficacy;
- connect with meaningful role models in a safe and inclusive environment;
- demonstrate problem-solving ability and establish standards and values that guide decision-making;
- enhance independent living skills;
- develop positive relationships with other young people from different backgrounds;
- cultivate teamwork and leadership capacity;
- explore activities for wise use of leisure time;
- gain a better understanding and appreciation of the world around them through programs focused on outdoor learning; creative expression; science, technology, engineering and math; and leadership and citizenship
Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp
Each summer, Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp is held at the 4-H Camp Ohio Youth Education Center in St. Louisville, Ohio. Our camp is conducted by 4-H professionals employed by Ohio State University Extension in Muskingum County, adult volunteers with backgrounds in education and healthcare, and trained 4-H teen counselors. Our staff works with the 4-H Camp Ohio staff to conduct a variety of learning experiences for campers, including: citizenship, swimming, hiking, campfires, canoe/kayak, outdoor cooking, team challenge, shooting sports, zipline/climbing wall, high ropes, scuba, and much more!
Camp Director Contact Information:
|Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development|